Operations Manager Gift / Decor
The Operations Manager is responsible for successfully planning, managing, and delivering expected results. Manage the global supply chain: manufacturing, purchasing, compliance procedures, logistics, and procedures.
- Work closely with the overseas Agent and provide oversight for all factory audits, compliance/testing protocols, and corrective actions.
- Review of all freight rates and negotiations (by sea and inland)
- Identify and address expense drivers within the Company (i.e., chargebacks, defectives, and logistic expenses)
- Clear communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Sales, & Finance
- Improve Company processes and documentation to train and improve efficiency across departments
- Lead, mentor and initiate training and cross-training of staff to establish a knowledgeable and strong operations team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the overseas Agent to improve efficiencies in our manufacturing process, reporting and auditing of factory output, and compliance
- Responsible for all factory compliances, testing protocols, and corrective actions.
- Automate information flow between Agent & Company
- Monthly calls with Agent to go over risks & factory issues in production
- Build production at factories which include forecast & commitments by retailers
- Assess & negotiate cost savings with each factory on volume purchases, etc
Manage Logistics: 3PL & Freight Forwarder
- Ensure we have a good team to support our shipping & receiving needs.
- Monthly review and approve all expenses with the 3PL warehouse before submitting to CEO for sign-off.
- Build a working relationship with our freight forwarders.
- Regular review of all freight rates and negotiate. Monthly/Quarterly reporting to the CEO/Finance
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in management positions related to responsibilities listed above.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in developing and implementing strategic operating plans.
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with short lead times, frequent collaborative meetings, and changing retail environment
- Experience managing Asian contract manufacturers
- Demonstrated management expertise, including the ability to motivate, mentor, and lead change.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Strong leadership skills, self-confidence, and excellent communication skills
- Strong experience with warehousing and manufacturing for "big box" retailers
- Strong experience with QA, factory compliance, and factory audits
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office and EDI.