Sourcing Director – updated Home Furnishing
The Sourcing Director is responsible for the successful planning, budgeting, managing, and delivery of expected results within the Company's Operations. Supervise and manage all manufacturing, purchasing, compliance policies, and procedures within the Operations function.
Manage Internal operations
a) Timely verbal and written communication keeping Management Team informed of ongoing Departmental activities, issues, and problem resolution
b) Maintaining files, records, process documents, and expediting the flow of activities relating to the Company's operations processes and procedures.
c) Manage all purchase orders and ensure they are timely and ship on time.
d) Manage POs by full containers.
e) Ensure inventory at 3PL is accurate and cycle counts performed bi-annually
f) Anticipate & manage all timelines to meet program set dates
g) Hold weekly production meetings with the entire staff
h) Continuous improvement of SOP to ensure Operations supports all internal Depts
a) Work closely with the overseas Agent to improve efficiencies in our manufacturing process, reporting and auditing of factory output, and compliance
b) Responsible for all factory compliances, testing protocols, and corrective actions.
c) Automate information flow between Agent & Company
d) Be in the pulse on all cost drivers in manufacturing
e) Monthly calls with Agent to go over risks & factory issues in production
f) Build production at factories which include forecast & commitments by retailers
g) Assess & negotiate cost savings with each factory on volume purchases, etc
Support Product Development
a) Understand product development technical and cost associated
b) Understand the product tariffs and challenges as need be.
a) Full familiarity with customer profiles, allowances & requirements.
b) Manage production to program timeline as given by Sales
c) Understand different packaging/pallet needs that impact cost/freight
d) Work with Sales on our inventory and ensure a 3.5 turn
e) Manage costing: Quote based on sales allowance, a margin requirement of retailer and House.
Report to Finance & CEO
a) Regular monthly review and year-to-year comparisons; on expense drivers on chargebacks, defectives, and logistic expenses. Negotiate and dispute-related fees.
b) Work closely with CEO, Sales, and Finance to meet contract obligations and inventory requirements.
c) Regular updates to CEO to solve manufacturing issues and help achieve operational excellence.
d) Supervise and manage all manufacturing, purchasing, compliance policies, and procedures within the Operations function.
Manage Logistics: 3PL & Freight Forwarder
a) Ensure we have a good team to support our shipping & receiving needs.
b) Monthly review and approve all expenses with the 3PL warehouse before submitting to CEO for sign-off.
c) Build a working relationship with our freight forwarders.
d) Regular review of all freight rates and negotiate. Monthly/Quarterly reporting to the CEO/Finance
Team and Staff Development
a) Lead, mentor, and initiate staff training and cross-training to establish a knowledgeable and strong operations team.
b) Be an active member of the Company's management team.
c) Increase self-knowledge of all Sales and Product Development processes in the Company.
d) Work closely with CEO, PD, Finance, and Sales departments to optimize interdepartmental communications, and improve systems and processes.
a) Fully understand the workings of the Company's **** software system and electronic data interchange (EDI) systems of different vendors.
b) Make recommendations for upgrading the system.
c) Maintain knowledge of system and software enhancements and technology. Evaluate the benefits of upgrades and changes to the operations systems.
d) Evaluate manual processes versus automation. Systematically recommend automating
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in management positions related to responsibilities listed above.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in developing and implementing strategic operating plans.
- Minimum 5 years of profit and loss analysis and management experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with short lead times, frequent collaborative meetings, and changing retail environment
- Experience managing Asian contract manufacturers, including travel to Asia, Logistics, compliance, QA, inventory, capacity, and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrated management expertise, including the ability to motivate, mentor, and lead change.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Strong leadership skills, self-confidence, and excellent communication skills
- Strong experience with warehousing and manufacturing for "big box" retailers
- Strong experience with QA, factory compliance, and factory audits
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office and EDI.