Sales Director – private label Home Furnishing
The Director of Sales drives the development and execution of private label/branded programs at retail
Seeking experience with home decorative accessories (ie. picture frames, home decor products, wall art, mirrors, etc.
As the Director of sales you will be responsible for the annual sales plan and key account sales plans, and to grow YOY sales with accounts including Target, Cost Plus, Hobby Lobby, etc.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the successful planning, managing, and delivery of the company’s revenue objectives. This is an executive position. A key characteristic of this position is to be both the Sales Driver & Sales Strategist with a “Hunter” mentality.”
The incumbent must be strategic, resourceful, and opportunistic in dealing with customers. Within policy guidelines, the incumbent exercises discretion and independence in:
- Accountability to achieving sales and sales responsibilities described herein
- Managing all aspects of the sales process and post-sales process, driving customer satisfaction. Expedites the flow of activities related to the Company’s time to market and meeting customer demands.
- Expected to use initiative and judgment in organizing and prioritizing work to accurately meet deadlines and revenue objectives.
- Developing a thorough familiarity with all aspects of the sales department and being able to functionally execute any and all tasks associated with the department in general.
- Developing a thorough familiarity with all aspects of costing/margin and product management.
- Developing intimate knowledge of the internal operations and procedures of all key customers. Staff development; it is required that the incumbent build, train, and develop the capabilities of sales staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Procedures and Processes
- Plans, manages, and executes strategically the revenue forecast plan within the company’s strategic plan, and drives the development and execution of strategic account sales plans. The Director of Sales is responsible for maintaining and achieving margin goals for all accounts.
- Drive product line leadership; make sure that product design, cost, and quality are responsive to customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that the production scheduling, lead times, inventory control, and capacity meet the current and anticipated aggregate demand of customers
- Maintain daily and regular contacts with cross-functioning teams: Operations and Product Management
- Market Research, analyze and report on competitive activity with key accounts including new product concepts, product gaps, pricing trends, quality issues, and personnel changes
- Travel as deemed necessary to retailers domestically.
Revenue Forecasting and Account Planning
- Develop annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasts by the customer by product. LI>Develop sales pipeline monthly, quarterly, by the customer, by product
Sales Department Development and Management
- Develop and manage all Sales Team personnel; outside Sales Reps, Inside Sales, and Administration
- Manage Sales Team, establish activity metrics to monitor sales & sales quota (Combine this with red above)
Costing and Margin
- Develop and maintain margin goals for each key account
- Know the retail market, competition, and competition’s price concessions
- Know the customer’s margins, product loads & pricing structure
- Speed to market follow-through & problem-solving with internal Depts and Sales Team.
- Management of all due dates required by the customer
- Provide department/Company w/update strategy of sales opportunities/priorities & deadlines
- Quarterly market data gathering from competitor shopping and trend shopping
- Management of a sales team into Big Box Retailers and other Key Accounts
- Selling Direct Import, private label, and own-brand products.
- Development and management of the sales process which includes the ability to coach and direct sales personnel, identify sales opportunities and meet competitive threats, and analyze the market for product trends.
- Determine the best and most effective sales channels.
- Effective management and achievement of an annual sales plan and forecasting methodology.
- Understanding the creative process.
- Computer proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook Express