Product Development – Innovation focus Craft / Art
Seeking a Product Development Manager with a strong background in innovation (identify white space opportunities as well as line extension opportunities). Drive all aspects of new product development from concept to delivery. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious new product launch goals. You must be comfortable with building relationships with both suppliers and retailers and have excellent project management skills.
- Own, define and manage projects/timelines for all new product development (from initial spec to launch).
- Understand product categories and markets on an ongoing basis; be the category expert for categories overseen.
- Effectively troubleshoots and prioritizes any issues to ensure the timeline is on track.
- Manages all communications with vendors and relationship management with factories.
- Conducts thorough product sampling review and management while working collaboratively with factories to progress product into next development stage.
- Work cross-functionally with design, engineering, QC, regulator, and sales teams on projects.
- Negotiates costs and sources new vendors as needed.
- Some domestic and international travel may apply.
- 4+ years of experience in consumer-packaged goods development, production, and sourcing; significant relevant experience working with international vendors.
- Prior product development/project management experience with Consumer Goods (stationery, party, toy, craft, décor, etc.)
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; HIGHLY detail-oriented and meticulous
- Affinity for process improvement, creation, and a strong eye for quality and category trends
- Creativity, technical capability, and sensibility for production execution