Dir. Sales Operations Craft / Art
The primary role of the Director of Sales Operations is to aid the sales organization in functioning smoothly in order to grow sales. In order to facilitate this, the DSO leads the sales operations team which is inclusive of the sales support staff, the database systems manager, business analyst, and customer compliance manager to ensure that the functional portion of the sales processes is achieved efficiently for all channels of distribution (brick and mortar retail, e-commerce, Omni retailer, etc.) both domestically and internationally. This includes, but is not limited to presentation execution, merchandising recommendations, company and POS sales/margin/inventory analysis, item creation, market survey monitoring, and consumer research aggregation. The DSO works very closely with the CSO/SVP of Global Sales and the Sales Team on a wide range of projects that determine the success of the sales organization as well as working closely with the marketing team to ensure sales needs are met as expected and provides analytical assistance to the CMO as needed.
The DSO will supervise the Customer Compliance Manager who is our subject matter expert on customer compliance topics such as shipping, packing, routing, and regulatory requirements published by the customer base, and as such will need through knowledge of those topics too. Marketing, sales, purchasing, sourcing, and production rely on the DSO and team to provide timely and accurate information on these topics.
Primary areas of responsibilities include:
- Manage, staff, and train the sales support team, database systems manager, business analyst, and Customer Compliance Manager.
- Provide analytical support to the CSO/SVP, Territory Managers, & CMO/SVP.
- Manage the RFP process on key accounts.
- Onboard new accounts.
- Implement new processes and software for existing customers as they become necessary.
- Review customer compliance manuals; relay pertinent details to appropriate members of the company; monitor implementation.
- Review item creation data and ensure timely and accurate item setup processes including data synchronization.
- 7-10 years previous management experience in sales operations
- Experience with AS400 preferred.
- Previous experience with a consumer-packaged goods firm
- Previous experience with CRM and dashboard software, involvement with acquisition and or integration ideal
- Knowledge of Retail Link, Partners Online, OneWorldSync, Vendor Central, and other customer portals preferred.
- Must be highly proficient and have significant experience with MS Excel and MS Access.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and work with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to manage deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and understand the importance of processing data in a timely manner and with an extreme degree of accuracy.