Supply Chain Buyer Personal Care / HBC / Cosmetics
The Company: A consumer products company in Westchester NY is seeking a Buyer/Planner to help drive continued growth at our rapidly expanding company. We market over 150 different products to national retailers like Wal-Mart, CVS, Amazon & Kroger. This is a unique, high-quality opportunity to join a dynamic entrepreneurial organization which values a positive company culture and work-life balance. We are a progressive, dynamic, growth-oriented company that cares about its family of employees and offers an engaging work environment where work ethic and team chemistry is valued. The company has a relatively “flat” organizational structure which allows us to move quickly.
The Job: We are seeking a Supply Chain Buyer / Planner to assist with the purchasing of all types of raw material and packaging inventory, from both domestic and global sources. Key responsibilities:
• Buy assigned raw/ packaging materials.
• Reviewing inventory levels and placing purchase orders to ensure on time delivery.
• Develop and maintain safety stock levels on all assigned raw/ packaging material.
• Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction and reduce waste/scrap.
• Resolves discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost proactively.
• Coordinates efforts with Quality for resolution of supplier issues.
• Works with accounting to resolve payment issues, assists in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
• Communicates to production/ sales/ marketing material and/or supplier problems that may impact the supply chain.
• Work with cross functional teams including Marketing, Sales, Sourcing, Product Innovation, Art Dept, Quality, Regulatory, Logistics, and Customer Service.
• Participates in project team meetings to update the teams on supply chain management topics. • Negotiations with vendors concerning costs, terms, etc.
• Become “go-to” person for material inventory information for the Sales, Marketing and Executive teams
• Maintain close relationships with manufacturers and becoming their primary point of contact.
• Assisting in updating inventory management software that keeps all managers of the company up to date.
• Visit numerous vendors’ factories annually.
• Candidate must be willing to learn and have a desire to become an expert in their field.
• At least a four-year college degree or equivalent is required.
• 2-5 years of Purchasing experience is highly desirable.
• Candidate must be organized- attention to detail is imperative in this position.
• Strong communication skills, in person, on the telephone, and through email is necessary.
• Must be a team player and possess a “roll up your sleeve; get it done” mentality.
• Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel
• Must be able to think outside of the box.
• Must be able to think independently and creatively.