Senior Manager, Category Development & Analytics Personal Care / HBC / Cosmetics
The Senior Manager of Categry Development & Analytics is repsonsible for maximizing profits for Women's Health, Eye Care & Oral Care categories to identify and capture current and future sales opportunities with the aim to exceed annual profit targets. Will work in partnership with sales and marketing to establish the vision for the category development function and create and implement strategic category management plans including category platforms, product placement, new item commercialization to drive increased sales and profit for both the brand and the retail customers.
Will lead the cross-functional team (i.e. Marketing, Sales and Operations, etc.) in the collaboration of all sales materials for all "go to market" strategies and be responsible for leading insight generation that will help the sales organization understand current trends, identify key growth opportunities, new item sell-in and develop or modify trade strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead category development practices and principles with a focus on maket trends, 4Ps, new item sell-in and channel strategies.
- Provide category and customer insights for annual business planning with brand building and brand development in order to proactively seek and recommend strategies.
- Successfully partner with shopper insights and category management to launch Best in Class POG's using marketing insights and sales strategies.
- Develop strategic selling materials for the sales organization across all categories including relevant consumer and shopper insights.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with marketing and sales teams to ensure alignment of corporate strategies and retail customer goals/objectives.
- Lead the internalization and communication of customer loyalty data.
- Lead customer centric in-store shopper research.
- Develop and distribute compelling sales and product presentations to the sales organization.
- Serve as lead presenter for category reviews and shopper insight overviews for all customers.
- Ensure that customers, third parties, and business alliances are well informed thru continual feedback and communication.
- Ensure that information regarding Company products, programs and promotions are appropriately provided.
- Promote goodwill and positive image of the Company to ensure that the company's professional reptutation is maintained.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree: MBA preferred
- Must have at least 7 years' of CPG category management relevant experience, preferably on a category captain or leader brand - either internal or field based, and/or category development, plus shipment and consumption analytics experience.
- Experience working with syndicated databases (IRI/Nielsen) and database management.
- Experience with analysis of shopper data (consumer insights) and loyalty card data.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Abilities:
- Able to demonstrate high proficiency in the following skills: communication (verbal, written, computer), presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, sales, time management, project management, employee development, leadership.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and develop recommendations from disparate data sources.
- Ability to develop and create comelling product sell-in strategies.
- Abiliy to collaborate and effectively work cross-functionally.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong knowledge of third party and direct distribtuion channels, pricing policies and promotional strategies.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Word.