Dir. Business Development (sales) Craft / Art
Seeking an experienced Sales Director to lead our critically important new business/channel development efforts.
Focus on: Drug & Grocery, Dollar, Hardware/DIY, Club (Costco)
This role will be a key member of our team and will be instrumental in both assisting in the strategy development as well as execution. The Business Development Sales Director role is instrumental in terms of meeting new customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
New Business Sales Director Job Function Responsibilities
- Identification of product categories for business expansion in the craft market.
- Research and evaluation of acquisition opportunities to support product categories identified.
- Continuously monitor the external and internal environment for the development of new market segments.
- Maintain effective communication with team members during the strategy development phase.
- Determine how to develop new markets – working directly on securing new customers and/ or via a network of territory/account-specific sales reps/independent contractors. As well as leading collaborative efforts with all internal departments from Marketing, Customer Service, Operations and Leadership Team.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of securing new, large national customers across the dollar, food, drug, mass, and specialty channels and turning them into sustainable customers. Experience with craft products is a benefit.
This role will ultimately be responsible for delivering on both top-line and bottom-line targets. It will require exceptional selling skills, and a deep understanding of our brand, our buyers, and our end users. This is an action-oriented/results-oriented role that needs to be focused on deliverables.
- Deliver on commitments.
- Work with colleagues internally in the US.
- Work well at multiple levels with key accounts and prospective accounts.
- Design and implement company sales strategies within budget requirements that expand the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales, revenue, and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management teams
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency & strategic alignment.
- BS Degree in business administration or relevant field
- Successful previous experience as a new business sales leader, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Arts and crafts experience preferred, or durable consumer goods experience.
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to sell with alignment.
- Solution/action focused.