CPG Customer Strategy Manager Personal Care / HBC / Cosmetics
Reporting to the Associate Director of Customer Strategy, this role helps lead customer development efforts to efficiently and effectively drive company sales objectives for our portfolio of FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) OTC personal healthcare products.
- Provide sales support – work in coordination with sales to develop all materials required to ensure effective sell-in of new products including but not limited to joint development of sales strategies, sales presentations, sales samples, presence at sales meetings (both internal and customer facing) as applicable, and scout call support.
- Provide sales team point of view in S&OP’s, brand team meetings and NPD (new product development) discussions
- Find opportunities to deliver on strategic seasonal priorities for the assigned business
- Develop brand strategy – work collaboratively with the base brand to develop and evolve brand strategy as required to enable a steady path to growth. Strategy development will include modifying the overall brand vision as applicable, new product pipeline development, claims work and supporting research
- Maintain/evolve the development of channel-specific strategies including promotion, assortment and pricing.
- Co-develop new go-to market strategy by class of trade (Dollar, C-store, mass, drug, food and club) across the category portfolio
Strengthen and expand business decisions through in-depth analysis
- Work with Director of Category and Customer Development to analyze IRI data and provide actionable information and insights to team members and management
- Analyze trade promotions for program effectiveness, using analytical rigor to help identify high-ROI or strategic tactics
- Coordinate with sales team to collect key customer date inputs for various trackers.
- Leverage BI shipment data to identify non-strategic, slow moving items for SKU rationalization consideration
- Assist with any research or projects to deliver category solutions benefiting both the customer and the category
REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of prior experience in customer sales, category insights/management, analytics, or related field in a consumer packaged goods (CPG) environment is required.
- Deep analytical expertise, especially working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI or Nielsen)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- E-Commerce experience with FMCG is a plus.