Chief Executive Officer Travel / Tourism
- Oversee and maximize the P&L results for the company. This includes management of all fiscal components and leadership of the commercial sales/marketing engine. Provide collaborative leadership in a matrixed organization in which some functions from HQ with enterprise synergy are leveraged.
- Develop operational structures and processes that align with recent and future growth.
- Drive the sales function, motivating the team to deliver on meeting and exceeding sales goals. Lead and participate actively in the process to strengthen sales strategies. Determine the level of brand commitment to the trade and execute accordingly.
- Oversee the strategic marketing function for the cruise brands working in conjunction with an HQ corporate function. Develop and test key elements in the marketing mix, including online lead conversion, building the trade partnerships, pricing and promotion strategies, and gaining efficiency in customer acquisition. Create and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives and identify best-in-class tools to increase occupancy and revenues.
- Define metrics to assess the effectiveness of the division’s marketing and sales initiatives. Conduct market research to maximize results and provide feedback to the organization on reactions from the marketplace in terms of product, promotion, pricing, itinerary packaging, etc.
- Assemble motivate and train a high-impact team. Create a positive corporate and onboard service culture that reflects the company's unique niche in the market and attracts and retains motivated and dedicated employees, resulting in appreciative and loyal guests.
- Create a “buzz” in the organization that demonstrates a growth-centric, quality-centric thrust, with particular attention to achieving high guest satisfaction scores and celebrates success achieved in the sales cycle as goals are reached.
- Develop outstanding relationships with key distribution partners including travel agencies and tour operators who serve the cruise industry, and creatively identify new channels of distribution to reach out to potential passengers. Develop innovative approaches to promote the brand.
Growth Focused Experience. At least 5 -7 years of cruise/tour operating industry experience as a senior executive with full P&L responsibility. This executive will be experienced working in entrepreneurial environments in which brand positioning is key.
Financial Experience. This executive will have a strong financial background and experience with budgeting, proactive management in response to changing conditions, and experience managing a significant and growing revenue center.
Differentiated Product Development. A track record of delivering innovation in guest experience, particularly through creation of branded experiences which can set the company apart as the small ship company of choice.
Sales Growth Strategy. Experience managing a sales process in which the target clientele is diverse and well distributed, throughout the Americas. Ability to devise a long-term growth vision based on a thorough understanding of industry trends and opportunities is crucial. A solid understanding of the development of key sales methodologies and metrics is required, as is the proven ability to deliver results.
Marketing Savvy. Experience positioning a brand, addressing customer needs and responding to competitive market dynamics, while remaining true to the brand’s core principles is key. This executive will have the ability to utilize a variety of marketing methods to drive sales and capitalize on consumer trends and preferences, creating opportunities to attract new to brand guests, enhance customer loyalty, and differentiate the brand by accentuating its value proposition.
Team Leadership. This executive will possess strong leadership skills to create and lead a high-performance organization that works collaboratively to achieve shared goals. Demonstrated success in recruiting, developing, mentoring, and coaching a top-notch management team, as well as holding leaders accountable for their responsibilities and commitments.