Brand Manager/Canadian Business Personal Care / HBC / Cosmetics
This position is responsible for leading and managing one or more of our consumer over-the-counter personal healthcare brands as part of the marketing team. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, small, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective and collaborative teamwork in the following key areas of marketing:
Brand plan development - develop a plan that achieves company targets. This will include, but is not limited to, advertising, program/promotions, and research. Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies/vendors and internal resources to drive superior market results.
Program management and execution - manage the day-to-day logistics of the brand programs, owning timeline management, budget, and program analysis.
New product development – utilize consumer-driven insights to drive long-term growth of the brands; translate insights into profitable product innovations; develop selling proposition and sufficient launch support plans to retail.
Market analysis - provide consumption based data analysis for the brand; provide insight and support to the enterprise to better understand market trends and dynamics; identify opportunities in markets where there are unmet needs.
Business forecasting/results - work with sales, demand planning, and contract vendors to generate accurate volume forecasts; deliver results for the brand level P&L focusing on net sales and brand contribution.
Sales – provide the sales organization with presentation materials for retailer presentations using category management best practices.
Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Strategic Leadership - ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability.
- Analytical - ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans.
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving - resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- FamiliaritywithCompanysalesandmerchandisingstandards,policiesandprocedures,and competitiveposition. Knowledgeoftheindustry. Knowledge of Canadian retailers and experience with broker partners is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills. Excellent sales abilities. Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.