Assistant Product Manager, North/Latin America Travel / Tourism
Position Report To:
- Conceptualize, refine and negotiate new tour product, set dates, negotiate and contract tour components, manage pricing and inventory.
- Conduct market analysis across designated regions and share competitive tour and FIT landscape.
- Manage and maintain the day-to-day operating needs of the tour experience including but not limited to, execution of all operational elements, building pricing, cost controls and managing inventory.
- Communicate operational changes throughout the season and resolve day to day issues in a clear and timely manner.
- Manage and maintain ongoing supplier relations in designated regions, set and maintain goals.
- Ensure accurate and timely supplier communications including contracts, release periods, manifests and status updates.
- Communicate new product internally with ongoing training.
- Be the regional subject matter expert for any and all questions.
- Review, revise and edit brochure and marketing copy to meet internal deadlines.
- Work with product loading team to ensure that supplier contracts, services and pricing are loaded accurately.
- Lead resolution process with Concierge and Operations teams on all pre and post tour service issues, customer comments, special requests, tour evaluation forms and online reviews.
- Lead regional response needs for on tour problem solving which may fall outside normal working hours and/or weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline preferred.
- 2-3 years product development experience in leisure travel.
- Familiarity with complex Latin and South America tour programs.
- Proven negotiation and analytical acumen.
- Solid mastery of Excel, formula creation, tables.
- Ability to deliver highly personalized customer service.
- Organized, strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail.