Brand Manager Personal Care / HBC / Cosmetics
This Brand Manager role is responsible for working with SBM to lead and manage the Digestive Health portfolio which includes brands Dramamine and Tagamet. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, small, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective and collaborative teamwork in the following key areas of marketing:
Brand plan development – work with SBM to develop a plan that achieves company targets. This will include, but is not limited to, advertising, program/promotions, and research. Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies/vendors and internal resources to drive superior market results.
Program management and execution - manage the day-to-day logistics of the brand programs, owning timeline management, budget, and program analysis.
New product development – work with new product development team to utilize consumer-driven insights to drive long-term growth of the brands; help translate insights into profitable product innovations and develop selling proposition and sufficient launch support plans to retail.
Social media management – Lead social media development and execution. This will include, but not limited to, leading quarterly discussions with creative agency providing brand updates, key upcoming holidays/dates, and ideas around creative; leading creative review process including providing brand feedback, driving alignment with legal and regulatory and pushing content live
Market analysis - provide consumption-based data analysis and monthly consumption updates for portfolio. Provides actionable insight and support to the enterprise to better understand market trends and dynamics. Also, identifies opportunities in markets where there are unmet needs.
Business forecasting/results - work with sales, demand planning, and contract vendors to generate accurate volume forecasts; deliver results for the brand level P&L focusing on net sales and brand contribution.
Sales – provide the sales organization with presentation materials for retailer presentations using category management best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS – minimum required combination of education and experience, and knowledge, skills and abilities that demonstrates proficiency in the above referenced duties:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of related work experience
- Strategic Leadership - ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability.
- Analytical - ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans.
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving - resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Familiarity with Company sales and merchandising standards, policies and procedures, and competitive position. Knowledge of the industry.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills. Excellent sales abilities. Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Up to 5% travel via automobile, train, plane