Vice President of Business Development Travel / Tourism
• Contributes to the development and upon approval, ensures the successful execution of the company's commercial strategy, thus growing its market share, revenue, profitability and sustainability contribution.
• Designs, proposes, negotiates and, upon approval, implements the ‘Go to Market’ plan and commercial agreements for the designated region so as to achieve the relevant targets and contribute to the company's commercial success.
• Identifies, proposes, and upon approval, collaborates with new and existing B2B & B2C partners, i.e. travel agencies and tour operators, aiming at building long-lasting, powerful, and successful partnerships that will enable the company to attain its commercial objectives.
• Manages and supports the North American commercial team in the identification and evaluation of both potential new as well as existing accounts, so as to increase revenue and enhance customer satisfaction.
• Monitors, evaluates and forecasts market results for his/her area of responsibility and team, market and competition data, in order to maintain alignment with the budget, taking corrective action when necessary, and improve commercial teams’ effectiveness by providing direction, coaching and support
• Identifies, recommends and implements key engagement strategies, i.e. trade shows, trade Facebook page, etc., to the Marketing Department with overall objective to achieve market targets and brand positioning.
• Degree in Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university
• At least 10 years of relevant work experience at management level within the Hospitality and Tourism especially Touring/Travel industry
• Supplier relations experience from within a Consortia/Host Agency Network essential.
• Experience in selling, distributing and positioning tour packages in the US market essential.
Job-Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Team Management/Leadership/People management skills
• Account management
• Effective negotiations
• Communication and interpersonal
• Planning, scheduling, and forecasting
• Project management
• Fluency in English
• Knowledge and proficiency of CRM use preferably Salesforce
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)