Design Director Personal Care / HBC / Cosmetics
The Design Director needs to be a mature, creative problem solver with a strong managerial background in CPG. You are as comfortable presenting to a Marketing Director as you are to a retail partner. We’re a scrappy team, so we expect this Director not just to provide direction to designers, but also to execute your own ideas. From quick comps to dazzling packaging and digital creations, we want someone who can take an idea from the conceptual phase and bring it all the way to market. You have experience working with epic story creators, from copy writers to video directors, and have strong writing skills yourself.
- 10 plus years of experience in a managerial role for design teams at a hypergrowth consumer startup or beloved CPG brand.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: You feel at your best in a team environment; You are a curious, patient leader who thrives coaching young designers and illustrators in daily crit sessions; You understand the nuances and value of the critical role of right hand to a C-Suite.
- You are a well-seasoned, graceful giver and receiver of feedback.
- Excellent communication skills. You are crystal clear, transparent, and confident communicating (presenting and selling-in) creative ideas, their rationale, and the specifics of the solutions.
- Killer design chops with Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and ability to evaluate future tools for team productivity. You have familiarity with Word, Excel and embrace the reality that Power-Point is a necessary and powerful design tool.
- Animation and video production and are well versed in the language of the internet and social.
- You have impeccable taste in and appreciation for the role of music as a story telling backdrop for motion.
- Demonstrated ability to concept across a variety of mediums including social, digital, print, audio, experiential and whatever comes next.
- 10 plus years of industry experience or related creative process experience combining creative strategy, content, and messaging with creative deliverables as a Design Director. Some of your management background is in-house at a CPG company.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to come up with modern, playful, original ideas and innovative approaches across channels, along with the visual skills and attention to detail to execute superbly in a variety of mediums
- Stunning photo and video art direction. Experience with baby models is a huge plus.
- Proven experience allocating and managing budgets
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external creative teams
- Understanding of all dimensions of communication: business strategy and experience design, with the ability to translate this into effective innovative, but integrated marketing programs.
- Expert knowledge in Mac-based tools of your trade: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Premiere, After Effects are a huge plus.