Accounts Payable Specialist OTC/Rx Consumer Healthcare
Position Summary - Seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our accounting and finance team. The A/P Specialist will report to the Controller and be responsible for processing incoming invoices for payment according to the departments policies and procedures.
Duties - The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the Accounts Payable function for the client. The A/P Specialist will collect, verify, and accurately record all invoices, make timely payments and be responsible for vendor inquiries. Including but not limited to the following:
- Verify proper approval and coding of invoices, wire transfers and expense reports and enter into the accounting system.
- Thoroughly understand 3-way match process as it pertains to invoices, purchase orders and receipts.
- Communicate with vendors, purchasing and/or receiving regarding invoice discrepancies.
- Prepare checks for payment and perform bi-weekly check runs.
- Send out signed checks to vendors.
- Monitor credits due from vendors.
- Maintain vendor set up files including 1099 information for year-end reporting and filing.
- Ensure W-9 forms are received for new and active vendors.
- Responsible for filing paid bills, expense reports and commission reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of three years related AP work experience.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy.
- Can identify and resolve problems in a timely and skillful manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word. Knowledge of Macola 10 a plus.