Brand Manager Food Processing & Manufacturing
Develops strategic direction, business objectives and plans to achieve results for assigned brands. Coordinates and manages all activities associated with growing the brands.
- Analyze complex market data and provide recommended direction for assigned brands.
- Create and justify annual brand plan to include short and long term objectives, strategic initiatives and tactical actions, product line architecture, SKU mix, annual revenue, spending budgets, pricing and consumer promotions. Makes periodic adjustments to the plan as market demands.
- Manage brand on day-to-day basis, oversees execution of activities set in the annual brand plan,
- Establish spending budgets and manages them through the course of the year
- Forecast for sales volume, profits, consumer measures and brand health results and provides requested updates
- Lead cross functional brand activities, works closely with Sales, Innovation, R&D, Operations, Finance and other functions as needed
- Coordinate marketing activities with outside suppliers
- Develop communication strategies and briefs to creative business partners i.e. advertising agencies, graphic design firms
- Lead new product development and product improvement. Develop business cases for new product introductions. Develop new product launch plans and leads execution in a desired time frame
- Develop direction for retail execution of brand plans (MAPS)
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide periodic updates to senior management for assigned brands.
- Attend key retailer presentations as requested by sales managers.
- Provide creative and executional support to sales for select trade shows.
- Maintain positive business relations.
- Assign and explain tasks to direct reports, develop their skills and career
- Minimum of a BS degree in marketing or business administration; MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 plus years of experience in managing consumer product brands.
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience leading a team.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting Consumer Data into a usable and effective story to support the strategic direction of the brand.
- Displays strong personal and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form, and has strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and consumer promotions
- Understands expense and profit management and has exposure to financial or P&L management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Food Industry is preferred.