Innovation Brand Manager 2 roles Food Processing & Manufacturing
This role is a key contributor to the company’s strategic vision to becoming The Better Food Company by delivering on our innovation agenda. Responsibilities include identifying and developing new products and end-to-end project management throughout the project(s) life cycle, from conceptualization to commercialization.
· Delivers on financial commitments for new items contribution to topline sales and profit targets as part of annual planning process
· Identifies white space opportunities to deliver compelling new product solutions consistent with enterprise/brand strategies
· Lead all aspects of concept development for assigned new items, including target consumer, insights, benefit, price point
· Comprehensive oversight and decision making on all aspects of new product project management, including critical path milestones, detailed timelines, workflows to guide cross functional project execution
· Adheres to all aspects of stage gate processes, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and stakeholder alignment to all deliverables
· Champions innovation efforts with all levels of Brand Management, Finance, Strategy, Sales, Sales Strategy & Insights, Insights, R&D, Supply Chain, etc.
· Leverage internal and external resources to identify relevant trends/insights to build into new item development plans
· Partner with Brand team to ensure all new items in development fits with each brands’ purpose and priorities
· Partner with Insights team to maximize the success of assigned initiatives or identify new initiatives
· Partner with Finance team to assess financial viability of assigned initiatives, consistent with organizational imperative of sustainable profitable growth
· Navigate and understand internal versus external capabilities to ensure as part of assessing viability of each project
· Serves as central point of project communication and provides upward communication to key stakeholders.
· Establish and track all project KPIs and demonstrates holistic understanding of assigned categories and initiatives.
· Assure compliance with regulatory packaging requirements.
· Bachelor's Degree required in Marketing, Product Development or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
· 5-7 years CPG industry experience in brand management or Innovation. (Innovation experience a plus)