Director of Sales Craft / Art
Seeking a Director of Sales who will manage Key Accounts in the US. Accounts include Walmart, Michaels Arts & Crafts, Hobby Lobby, etc.
Manage independent reps and rep groups including the management of a select group of commission representatives to grow sales. The role will also have a strong product and operational focus to better serve several new major retailers. The position will dictate a high level of engagement with key customers, across the North American retail landscape.
- Develop business plans for each key account.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- New Business Development within the new key accounts is a critical element of this role
- Where appropriate manage pore performing rep out and ideally take over direct relationships with the buyers
- Maximize opportunities within each key account.
- Build appropriate business and promotional plans and hold regular meetings with key customers to gain knowledge and drive sales.
- Margin management for all key customers
- Evaluate the opportunity by product category by account and develop an execution plan.
- Implement and evaluate sales strategies to deliver the required result by account and a strong business development focus.
- Work closely with the Studio and production to develop various concepts as per customer briefs, market trends, and demands.
- Developing close relationships with key buyers is a must – understanding the strategy of each key account and identifying all product gaps and opportunities.
- Being across product and customer costs and using various levers to reduce and or manage costs is critical.
Marketing & Promotions:
- Develop account-specific plans to not only maximize category opportunities but also to expand into new product lines.
- Work closely with the CEO and MD to ensure we maximize all opportunities not only within existing key accounts but also across the market.
General Management & Administration
- Strategic, organized and professional with clear and concise plans by customers with a good understanding of operational impacts.
- Clear and accountable sales forecasting of each product line
- Strong and clear communication with the publishing and production teams to ensure all product and sales briefs are able to be handled in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of budgets and sales forecasts by key account by product category
- Quarterly forecasting by account and corresponding offers for all key lines.
- Develop good working relationships and procedures and an understanding of all internal and external stakeholders.
- Regularly update the CEO on customers, sales and product strategies, promotional plans, and all opportunities and risks.
- There is a weekly product planning meeting and a more formal quarterly sales meeting to evaluate results and develop new strategies
- A monthly report for the Board Meeting
- Work closely with the rest of the sales team to ensure all opportunities are captured
- At least 15 years’ experience in a similar industry – managing key accounts.
- Strong business development skills.
- A creative bend and eye for product development is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in regularly achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Strong commercial acumen with analytical skills – will be involved in cost negotiations and profitability analysis across multiple product lines and various promotional plans. This experience is essential.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly driven and self-motivated.
- Needs to be an exceptional communicator – both written and verbal
- The ability to prioritize effectively and to think, plan and work strategically
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong administrative skills and highly organized.