Maintenance Manager Food Processing & Manufacturing
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Manufacturing Plant
REPORTS TO: Director of Reliability and Maintenance
SUPERVISES OTHERS: Yes
STATUS: Full-Time / Exempt
REVIEW DATE: December 9, 2019
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing and leading a team which supports all maintenance functions necessary to ensure efficient plant operations: manufacturing, utility services, boilers, compressed air, electrical services, and building maintenance.
The Maintenance Manager also provides coaching and skill development to the Maintenance and Operations teams in: loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management to sustain a proactive - planned maintenance program.
Other responsibilities include training, coaching and assessing supervisors, engineers and mechanics on maintenance & engineering related concepts and tasks in order to support Continuous Improvement and a Zero Loss culture, preparing the yearly budget in addition to supervision and regulatory compliance of the environmental program, project installation, modification, or renovation of building and equipment.
- Guide the factories to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
- Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
- Facilitate the evolution/refinement of Maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM’s, changeovers, etc.).
- Facilitate optimization of technical stores balancing adequate on-hand parts versus obsolete or slow-moving parts.
- Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time and offer a high-quality workmanship.
- Ensure that the job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
- Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
- Develop and lead a network of Factory SME’s (subject matter experts). Train and guide them in the implementation and leadership of an effective asset reliability program.
- Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
- Collaborate with engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Encourage close team work between all functions (Engineering, Productions, Quality Management, etc.).
- Conduct regular inspections of plant to seek out potential problems and to solicit feedback.
- Prepare and analyze the factory M&R budget, drive value-added and sustainable improvements with the assistance of the Process Engineering team.
- Facilitate proper management of the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
- Assures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) required.
- SMRP / CMRP preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a manufacturing / engineering role involving production equipment maintenance.
- Maintenance Manager / Supervisor experience in a food and beverage company
- Maintenance Planner / Scheduler experience
- CMMS experience
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Strong experience building teams and implementing sustainable processes.
- TPM and Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical and leadership skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
- Knowledge of TPM Tools including:
- Asset Management Software
- Breakdown Analysis
- Reliability Center Maintenance Practices
- PM Optimization
- Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
- Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) with the ability to analyze data for trends/reports.