Sr. Packaging Designer Toys
(Seeking private label/branded packaging designed…not licensed packaging design)
The Senior Packaging Designer designs packaging for company-branded and private label products. Present innovative concepts for packaging refreshes and new product launches.
- Responsible for designing, sizing, and layout of branded/private label packaging used for company and private label products.
- Create labels for product lines
- Responsible for blister arrangements on cards
- Design ensemble packaging for private label/branded products.
- Design/provide art for CDUs and PDQs.
- Design die lines for new packaging concepts.
- Ensure that proper legal lines, country of origin, UPC’s are on all packages.
- Include correct warning information, age grading, size, weight and translations.
- Proof all incoming packaging proofs and blister arrangements as needed.
- Follow up on all existing items that require changes in addresses, warnings or other information.
- Follow up on existing items that need to be sent to new factories. Update packaging as necessary before sending to new factory.
- Coordinate the sending of packaging to printers/factories with the product art being sent to these same companies.
- Give packaging direction for mock-ups for customer presentations and/or for catalog photography.
- Responsible for including the correct ink colors for each job on the file when sending to the factory.
- 4 years of related experience and/or training required; 5 or more years preferred.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Must be able to calculate correct sizes and color percentages for packaging.
- Ability to understand CDU/PDQ die lines.
- Knowledge of 4/color process and spot color printing on offset and flexographic presses.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to proof, present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Good communication skills with others in the department, with other departments, and with suppliers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Ability to work independently with little direction.