Shift Supervisor (2 positions – 2nd & 3rd shift) Food Processing & Manufacturing
Provides direct leadership of specific areas within the Plant Supply Chain such as receiving and preparation of raw materials, fill and close seaming processes, thermal retort processes, and labeling or shipping product. This position is responsible for analyzing the key measures of cost, quantity, timeliness, safety, and productivity on a daily basis. Additionally, they are responsible for building operating and capital budgets in collaboration with teams to achieve short and long range objectives. Responsibilities also include the development and motivation of direct reports through effective leadership and communication principles.
- It is an essential requirement of the job that the employee have the ability to function in a feedback-rich, team-based environment.
- Employees must possess good interpersonal skills and be compatible with co-workers.
Direct team leadership to meet area, plant, and company objectives. Includes the effective and efficient use of company materials and equipment and leadership of area employees. Directly responsible for all aspects of quality, safety, productivity, and maintenance. Also directly responsible for training and development of team members and ensuring area is appropriately staffed to meet operational objectives.
Creating, implementing, and analyzing operational budgets for specific area of responsibility. Includes root cause analysis of issues and action plan steps to improve performance to budget.
Planning and overseeing area capital budgets and projects. Includes vendor relations, negotiation, safety performance, site communication, and overall coordination of activities related to the project.
Fiscal Responsibility: Ranges from $1.5M to $2.5M annually. Additionally responsible for area capital projects ranging $20K to $500K annually
Internal Customers: Areas within supply chain that assume responsibility for product such as Production, Cook, Brite, Labeling, Shipping.
External Customers: Consumers and direct customers.
Bachelor’s Degree of Arts or Science in business related field.
Years of Experience
Better Process School
- Socially Astute
- Effective Communication Skills – Internal & External to include listening skills
- Adaptable – environments, cultures, ongoing change
- Reasonably outgoing, with high energy, yet not overpowering with masses of operators
- Self-confident, Decisive….but not high ego
- Facilitation Skills – to work in and build a team based, focused environment
- Strong Results Orientation
- Extraordinary technical skills – relative to business and leadership role