Director Enigneering 3 Food Processing & Manufacturing
JOB TITLE: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
The Director of Value Engineering will oversee the Engineering Department and will be the key leader in the development and execution of technical initiatives for the company. This includes the direct management of process, reliability, automation / equipment engineering and project management.
- Responsible for the management and strategic direction of the Engineering department and key technical projects for the company.
- Define propose and monitor the implementation of the company’s engineering, maintenance, automation and technology plans and objectives.
- Implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to engineering and technical services.
- Manage the engineering budget and capital investment plans and related capital investment expenditures.
- Ensure the engineering department operates with clear and open communications.
- Train, develop and mentor engineering and technical employees to ensure future growth objects can be accomplished
- Develop and execute a succession plan for the Engineering and Maintenance teams to ensure long term viability and success.
- Promote continuous improvement, networking and sharing of information.
- Protect proprietary technology through approved and certified relationships with third parties.
- Support and recommend new technologies that improve the overall operations. Recommend and develop automation where appropriate.
- Responsible for the selection, modification, installation, maintenance/repair of all equipment in the plants, corporate offices and property/grounds.
- Key member of executive management team and would be a key contributor when evaluating potential acquisitions, expansions and new technology introductions to the company.
- Manage all outsourced contractors as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Must possess visual acuity to document company records
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- BS in Engineering required, advanced degree (MBA) is a plus
- 15+ years of progressive and diversified “Engineering Management” experience required
- Prior maintenance management experience a plus
- Experience installing new lines/equipment and/or new plant start-up a plus
- Must be familiar with preventative maintenance program management, GMP’s and SOP’s
- MUST have experience working in a Food & Beverage environment
- MUST have experience working with equipment installation and automation
- MUST be detailed oriented and have prior P&L and budget management experience
- MUST have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- MUST have a strong ability to coach, lead and direct engineering and maintenance staff
- MUST have solid computer skills; Microsoft Office and CAD programs