International Brand Manager OTC/Rx Consumer Healthcare
The International Brand Manager is appointed to his/her position by the Director, International Marketing and is responsible to him/her. The International Brand Manager is responsible for the marketing, budgeting, and planning aspects of the international business related to Company's Brands.The International Brand Manager has full authority to operate this position in accordance with Company policies and as directed by the Director, International Marketing. The International Brand Manager is a Salaried,
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drives sales and profit for Europe, Australia/NZ, and South Africa. Collaborates with International Brand Manager owning Asia and Latin America. Collaborates with US and Canada Brand Managers.
- Identifies and prioritizes growth opportunities through either distribution expansion or brand expansion. Identifies new countries and/or distributors within Europe and Africa. Considers expansion of brands, launching brands within existing countries.
- Develops, tracks, analyzes, and publishes key financial information related to brandsincluding:
- Revenue and expensebudgets
- Distributor profit and lossstatements
- Foreign currencyprojections
- Consumer sales data (example: IRI or Nielsendata)
- Other specialprojects
- Performs primary leadership role on designated projects in areas such as (but not limitedto):
- New product development, working with internal resources, includingR&D
- Development of new product introduction creative,presentations, and distributor toolkits
- Reformulations, restages, andrun-outs
- Packaging development, including graphic and structure changes on new and/or existing items, working with internal resources including Design, Technology and Purchasingdepartments
- The design and analysis of consumer and market researchinformation
- On-going content management of consumerwebsites
- Reviews annual marketing plans from Europe, Australia/NZ, and South Africa and provides feedback, ensuring that they correspond with strategic objectives andgrowth.
- Reviews and monitors business development plans for new markets and/or distributors. Actively communicates with new distributors to establish and execute brandplans.
- Creates and enforces brand guidelines, ensuring that products, packaging and A&P efforts meet Company brand and regulatoryrequirements.
- Keeps apprised of regulatory requirements and works within International Department to assurecompliance.
- Facilitates requests for trademark search and applications, actively communicating with Intellectual Property attorney.
- Assists in due diligence and integration of any internationalacquisitions.
- Coordinates preparation for, and actively participates in distributormeetings
- Visits international distributors to facilitate planning, troubleshoot, and evaluate market situations (asneeded).
- Develops agendas and analyses for Upside/Downside Meetings and bi-annual International PlanningMeetings.
- Stays informed and publishes information regarding category advances, including competitive new product introductions, pricing andclaims.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective interpersonal skills are required to interact with various levels of internal and externalcustomers.
- Exceptional motivation and drive, including desire to handle challenging tasks and achieve quality results quickly.
- Strong leadership and proven project management skills with ability and inclination to motivate project partners, and internal resources for quality, timelyexecutions.
- Excellent organizationalability and attention to detail for financial analysis.
- Experience in designing and analyzing quantitative research. Strong analytical thinking with ability to draw sound, insightful, useful conclusions fromdata.
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- A broad understanding of general international sales and marketingpractices including evaluating pricing, promotions, and creative materials and analyzing results.
- Must be discreet with confidential information to which he/she hasaccess.
- Must possess the ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers, function as a team player, accept constructive criticism from management and comply with Companypolicies.
- Must be computer literate in a Windows environment (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel/Spreadsheets, but not limitedto).
- Fluency in a second language, experience working with distributors, and CPG digital marketing as aplus.
- Willingness to accept other duties, asassigned.
- The following position reports directly the Brand Manager,International:
- Brand Associate, International
- Travel (both domestic and international) requirements are dependent upon departmental needs but should be considered to be demanding on occasion. This position requires occasional international traveling (approximately 2-4 trips per year), inclusive of occasionalweekends and duration can last two consecutive weeks.
- Physical demands include extensive standing, walking, sitting, and transporting luggage, samples, presentation materials, laptop computer, etc. (Routinely lifts or moves 25 pounds, occasionally lifts or moves up to 50 pounds).
- Overtime requirements are dependent upon departmental demands, inclusive of weekendhours.
- Normal office environment and working conditions at the Company’sheadquarters.