Manager, Trade Marketing, Multi-Outlet Grocery Food Processing & Manufacturing
The Trade Marketing Manager will lead development and implementation of Trade Marketing strategy and tactics to achieve net sales, margin, profit and market share goals within Multi-Outlet Grocery for assigned channels/accounts. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Trade Marketing, the Manager will be responsible for B2B channel marketing at the account level and serve as the primary point of contact for Multi-Outlet Grocery trade activities for their assigned channels/accounts. The Manager will create the go-to-market trade strategy for select FDMCD (Food, Drug, Mass, Club, Dollar) retail channels and manage daily planning and activation in alignment with overall brand objectives and guardrails. The Manager will be the voice of Brand to Sales and vice versa, for assigned channels/accounts. Applicants must have a proven record of driving superior results with major CPG brands in retail Grocery. Frequent cross-functional collaboration with Brand Marketing, Sales and Finance teams is required along with interaction with retailer Buyers/Category Managers and Directors. This role does not currently have direct report(s) but may in the future. The position requires strong thought leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s (B.A.) in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or related field from a four-year college or university, MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience leading/executing the Trade Marketing discipline for a CPG brand with national accounts across multiple FDMCD channels. CPG Food and/or Beverage category experience preferred.
- 6+ years total professional CPG Sales and Marketing experience with at least 2 years at Manager level.
- 3+ years of experience using consumption reporting tools - syndicated data (IRI and/or Nielsen databases, Household Panel), customer-specific (Retail Link, other) and research (Mintel, Kantar, GfK, etc.).
- Must possess solid category management understanding and skillset - can lead and share expertise.
- Must possess solid financial skills and capability to conduct P&L analysis, business case, ROI and other financial analyses.
- Must understand components/levers of brand/customer P&Ls and impact of business decisions on same.
- Proficient MS-Office skills with experience delivering insightful analytics and crafting compelling selling presentations.
- Results-oriented with strong thought leadership, communication, project management and prioritization skills. Attention to detail and factual accuracy with sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and transformative environment, handling multiple projects and deadlines in parallel.
- Intellectually curious self-starter, high character competitive team player with professional demeanor and positive, can-do attitude.