Sales Director, South Travel / Tourism
Strategically manage a sales territory, selling & marketing a global portfolio of products to the retail travel agency community, with a focus on the Luxury Travel & Leisure Markets. Implement a cost effective sales strategy to meet or exceed the company’s annual sales and revenue goals, working within a predetermined annual budget.
- Responsible for sales and profitability growth within Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Louisiana, including achievement of assigned revenue goals
- Be the brand ambassador and instil confidence and loyalty in the company brand
- Initiate and execute training and product knowledge seminars for travel advisors and consumers using brand standard A/V presentations
- Plan and manage sales activities of DMC sales personnel in the territory to provide maximum return on investment
- Represent the company at trade shows and travel agency consumer events, including setup of brand standard displays, collateral and A/V
- Ensure reporting of sales activities and expenses per company guidelines on a weekly/monthly basis
- Responsible for travel agency quality control and customer service issues
- Provide travel agency / advisor updates for maintenance of database and invitation lists
- Track and maintain accurate overhead budget on monthly basis
- Experience in Strategic Territory Management.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Self motivating and results oriented.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Fluency in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- The ability to set up a consumer show and trade show booth, including signage, table covering, decoration and collateral.
Education and Experience
- 5 – 10 years in travel industry sales or related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive international destination knowledge preferred.
- Existing sales relationships the southern US and a demonstrated track record of sales success required within a sales territory with a leading travel company required.