Buyer Craft / Art
As a key member of our buying team, you will identify new industry trends and products to carry, maintain and manage the notions inventory, educate staff and customers about the products, and attend various trade shows.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge or interest in notions and fabric industry or related fields as well as previous knowledge of distribution and warehousing. In this role, you will:
- Source new sewing notions vendors and products based on trends, market analysis, and customer needs.
- Manage communication with vendors to maintain positive relationships and develop marketing and sales strategies.
- Initiate purchase orders with notions suppliers/vendors.
- Work with internal departments to set up new items with SKU information, pricing, and sales samples.
- Collaborate with the graphics team to create advertising and promotions for notions products.
- Provide education to Sales & Customer Service Representatives on new products.
- Maintain and manage warehouse inventory levels, working closely with the Notions Receiving Manager.
- Analyze sales and inventory data to determine opportunities and areas needing improvement.
- Prepare for and attend seasonal trade shows (typically 2-3 trade shows annually).
Minimum of five years of buying experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Solid retail math skills to track inventory turnover, determine pricing, manage stock levels, etc.
- Knowledge and familiarity in the sewing and crafting industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Experience with distribution and warehousing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on levels of importance.
- Customer service mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently; self-driven.