Senior Manager, Channel Marketing, Food Service & On-Premises Food Processing & Manufacturing
The Senior Manager will lead development and implementation of channel marketing strategy and tactics to achieve net sales, margin and profit goals in the Food Service & On-Premises channel. Reporting to the Director of Trade Marketing, the Senior Manager will be responsible for B2B channel marketing at macro and account level, serving as the primary contact for all channel marketing activities. The Senior Manager will create the go-to-market strategy for Convenience retail, Food Service, Office and Healthcare & Education (Contract Managed Services) channels and manage daily planning and activation in alignment with overall brand objectives and guardrails. The Senior Manager will be the voice of Brand to Sales and vice versa. Applicants must have a proven record of driving superior results with “Ready-to-Consume” brands in Food Service/On-Premises settings. Frequent cross-functional collaboration with Brand Marketing, Sales and Finance teams is required along with interaction with customer Procurement Managers and Directors. This role has direct report(s) and requires strong leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s (B.A.) in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or related field from a four-year college or university, MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of experience leading/executing Trade/Channel Marketing discipline for a CPG and/or Ready-to-Consume brand with large Convenience and Food Service/On-Premises accounts.
- 10+ years total professional CPG/Food Service/On-Premises channel Sales and Marketing experience with at least 6 years at Manager level or higher.
- 5+ years of experience using consumption reporting tools - syndicated data (IRI and/or Nielsen), research (Mintel, Kantar, Technomics, etc.) and customer supplied data.
- Must possess solid financial skills to included P&L analysis, business case, ROI and other financial analyses.
- Must understand components/levers of brand/customer P&Ls and impact of business decisions on same.
- Excellent MS-Office skills with experience delivering high-level analytics and crafting compelling selling presentations.
- Results-oriented with strong leadership, communication, project management and prioritization skills. Attention to detail and factual accuracy with high sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and transformative environment, handling multiple projects and deadlines in parallel.
- Intellectually curious self-starter, high character competitive team player with professional demeanor and positive, can-do attitude.
- Valid driver’s license.