Walmart – Replenishment Analyst Craft / Art
The Replenishment Analyst is a crucial contributor to the Walmart Account and is responsible for sales support, data analytics, forecasting, planning, and category management. The selected individual will use a myriad of programs and tools, ranging, but not limited to RetailLink and Microsoft Office.
The hiring company’s team serves as the central liaison for our company and we are the gatekeepers in getting things done! They are seeking a highly energetic, super organized and positive individuals to join their team. Communication is key so this person must be a rockstar when it comes to internal and external communication. Nothing is too small for their team, so they are not limited to the few tasks above and extra tasks beyond!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Direct responsibility in understanding the Account Executive Role as well as an effective and continued partnership for successful order management
- Determine realistic delivery schedules for customers and communicate accordingly.
- Support Walmart Account Manager in all achieving sales goals
- Maintain data and effective reporting resulting in category, sales and development growth and increase.
- Manage department by planning all business goals and objectives for each quarter
- Develop analytical reports based on market intelligence such as UPC ranking reports and weekly trends
- Prepare new item forms to aid in gaining new distribution in accounts
- Attend sales meeting with Account Managers weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Collaborate with Walmart Account Manager during the sales planning process each quarter
- Monitor sales and analyze performance trends to identify issues as well as opportunities for Account Managers to present to Department Managers and/or Buying Team for Retailer
- Provide data and analytical support for presentations and business reviews used by Account Manager to present at sales meetings
- Knowledge in understanding Walmart’s Retail Link
- Create ad hoc measures and report formats as required and requested to support analysis
- Maintain an error/issue log for resolution.
- Attend departmental and company meetings pertaining to sales, goals, and objectives.
- Manage task list, provide weekly project updates, execute follow-up tasks, report completed items, request feedback and direction as needed to move projects forward.
- Follow-up & through with inquiries from internal/external channels for order clarification and request for shipping extensions as needed.
- Bachelor s Degree from a four-year college or university or Associates Degree with additional experience/training preferred.
- Minimum (3) years of experience of inside sales support/customer service/coordination. The ideal candidate has retail/wholesale specifically related to Weekly Sales Analysis and Inventory Management
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Use of business management software and/or a professional retail user portal (Retail Link is required).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, primarily Excel (REQUIRED).
- Professional interaction: the tactful, positive, effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Critical thinking; ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Effectively and accurately relay order requests to internal and external channels.
- Understand UPC & SKU codes; color, sizing, item number, etc. and retail math.
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills; must be a proactive problem solver.
- Ability to use Outlook, Outlook Calendar, and maintain a daily task list.
- Capacity to work both independently and within a team environment. Capacity to follow direction, troubleshoot, meet goals and objectives. Take responsibility and ownership of your work and output.
- Self-motivated and passionate with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized, detail-oriented with exceptional follow through and follow up skills.
- Proven work history with positive reviews.