Account Manager – Walmart Craft / Art
The Sales Account Manager-Walmart is responsible for developing the wholesale distribution of products at WALMART and achieving and/or exceeding projected sales and profitability goals. Ensure that the company is meeting the customer's needs; company sales objectives and profitability goals are met while striving to optimize efficiencies and additional sales opportunities at WALMART.
National Sales & Account Management
- Maintain an effective direct relationship with the national key account WALMART. Optimize the company’s competitive position and continually evolve the business strategy in an effort to profitably achieve or exceed sales plan.
- Ensure WALMART's Buying needs are met without compromising the defined market channel strategy; market and sell products appropriate to WALMART as defined within strategy guidelines.
- Render high-level, strategic presentations to WALMART as a means to procure chain-wide distribution of wholesale products from the portfolio including incremental display space
- Submit accurate forecasts to ensure the delivery of the appropriate product to customers in a timely and efficient manner to achieve volume objectives while meeting budgetary guidelines.
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Brand Teams to develop and execute WALMART sales programs that ensure customer alignment with product and promotional planning; Maintain a long-lead planning timeline to ensure execution.
- Maintain effective and timely internal communication with key stakeholders to ensure adjustments to customer strategies are understood and available resources aligned efficiently.
- Create long term business relationships with WALMART Buying Team and foster a sustainable competitive advantage
- Understand WALMART timeliness and requirements and proactively and constructively work these back through the home office
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within budgetary constraints to contribute to the overall profitability of the company.
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements to maximize profit levels within the area of responsibility.
- Develop and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and minimize excess inventory.
- Develop and achieve accurate rolling sales forecasts to optimize production planning and availability
- Continuously seek profitability optimization initiatives with the customer
- Within the scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance with payment terms.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the effective utilization of Trade Promotion and Demo Funds to develop and expand the business. Fully document support plans in the trade system and ensure timely tracking of deductions
- Within the scope of responsibility respond to, and assist with keeping customer deductions to a minimum and influence customer compliance to 30-day net invoicing.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the product offering in order to optimize sales efforts and guarantee customer-focused, fact-based selling; remain up to date with new product initiatives, services and other relevant information of interest to customers.
- Manage a cadence of innovation meetings between the brand and buying partners to develop leading products that meet customer needs and drive higher sales/gross profits for both company and WALMART.