J-2839 Assistant Brand Manager (5 openings and will have BM level too) Food Processing & Manufacturing
Provides day-to-day marketing support and business analysis to ensure brand management activities are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner. Responsible for assisting in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, market share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies and plans.
- Assists in the development and implementation of short and long-term marketing objectives and strategies. Participates in the development and leads the execution of brand plans and tactics to deliver against agreed upon brand, business and financial goals.
- Develops business case for brand initiatives.
- Leads brand business analysis efforts. Continuously monitors business and brand health performance using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance. Prepares monthly IRI and GPS reports. Performs other analysis as needed and as requested (i.e.: competitive analysis, panel data analysis, distribution gap analysis, pricing analysis, promotional support analysis, new product tracking, coupon and budget analysis, etc.)
- Develops and communicates MAPS strategies (merchandising, assortment, pricing, shelving) for assigned brands.
- Establishes and communicates detailed timelines for new products and/or other applicable projects.
- Manages marketing contribution to sales and operation planning process (forecasting).
- Manages new package design, label design, marketing support and sales collateral material development processes as required. Obtains applicable approvals (R & D, legal, etc.). Works with Internet Marketing Manager to ensure product assets are current on external and internal websites, etc.
- Participates in the creative development process and execution of all national and local advertising and public relations campaigns. Assists in the development of advertising, PR and media plans.
- Assists in the development of consumer promotional programs and manages the execution.
- Leads day-to-day brand budget management, and invoice processes. Ensures dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters.
- Coordinates in-store displays and consumer promotion/communication in support of product promotions. Develops display and POS materials as applicable. Leads cross-functional team (sales, demand planning, production, purchasing, warehousing, digital/promo/PR agencies, etc.) to support promotions.
- Works closely with Sales Strategy and Insight team on responses to all sales requests concerning products, promotions, research, etc. and provides timely and accurate information to such requests. Develops sell sheets, presentations and other sales collateral to support product lines and new product launches.
- Manages various business functions or processes on a daily/weekly basis, such as: new product set up and discontinuance (ISS/death certificates); the OCR process to support coupon offers; sample requests; photo shoot coordination; product cuttings/internal taste tests for product reformulation; maintaining price lists; product specifications; contract management database, etc.
- Develops presentations for internal and external meetings. Sets up meetings and provides meeting summaries as needed.
- Coordinates and support Trade Shows, working closely with sales team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant brand marketing experience.
- Experience in Food Industry is preferred.
- Displays strong personal and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form, and has strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and consumer promotions
- Understands expense and profit management and has exposure to financial or P&L management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.