Regional Director, Boston and Philadelphia Travel / Tourism
We seek an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial person to join our team in the role of Regional Director. This is a remote job with the ideal candidate based in Boston. The Regional Director will manage the Boston and Philadelphia markets to start.
As a Regional Director, you will be expected to learn/thoroughly understand our company’s unique value proposition and overall position in the activity reseller space. You will be the expert on the business and expansion objectives for your territory. You will create and implement product development strategies that support our business goals with thoughtful analysis, strategic prioritization, and outstanding execution.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Source inventory of attractions and negotiate agreements that support our business growth goals.
- Build, present, and seal multi-faceted strategic deals with top accounts.
- Close exclusive contracts and negotiate the best possible offers for our customers.
- Learn and understand the pricing strategy for your attraction passes.
- Meet strict product deadlines by developing a personal roadmap to meet deliverables and overcome obstacles.
- Build and oversee budgets for territory needs.
- Interact with a cross-functional team of developers, analysts, marketers, designers, and sales managers in support of delivering high-revenue generating products. Guide these teams in developing an overall strategy that meets our short and long-term goals.
- Work closely with the operations support team to ensure all partners are 100% supported – be available in your markets to ensure that all clients receive the highest standard of service.
- Monitor consumer and client research to ensure we are solving problems and exceeding expectations.
- Forge relationships with key strategic partners such as attractions, convention and visitor bureaus, and travel trade organizations to support your markets.
- Attend networking and social events, trade shows, and occasional sales missions to represent the company and strengthen local relationships, sometimes outside of business hours.
- Open new business, and increase production on local sales accounts throughout the regions. This includes closing the deals, training the new locations, and incentivizing staff to grow sales on a monthly basis. Develop incentive programs to motivate third party resellers.
- Assist in editing marketing collateral and websites from the product perspective. The Regional Director is ultimately responsible for making sure the content is consistent with the contracts in the regions and will lead the charge in making sure all products are top quality.
- You are based in Boston or Philadelphia and you have strong pre-existing relationships in the tourism market on the East Coast.
- You are a proven leader with a passion for success and proven expertise in business development and contract negotiation.
- You have an understanding of the attractions market.
- You understand complex business models and pricing scenarios and thrive on data analysis.
- You are a highly self-motivated, detailed, and results-oriented individual. You are organized, able to manage your own schedule, and work independently.
- You are able to solve a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity.
- You are just as productive in a home office environment as you are in a standard office environment.
- You define yourself as an independent hands-on resource, willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- You are respected as a team player and you are able to professionally interface with cross-functional teams.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- You adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- You have a B.â€‹S or equivalent degree with a minimum of three years’ experience in the travel industry or similar sales role.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and are capable of learning other similar tools. Familiarity with Salesforce, AdobeSign, JIRA, and/or Tableau is also helpful.