Chief Commercial Officer Travel / Tourism
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will report directly to the CEO as a member of the company’s executive leadership team. The CCO will be primarily responsible for setting and achieving revenue and profit targets, acquisition of new customers, channel growth goals and new source market development within an aggressive multi-year growth strategy. This executive will oversee the alignment of contact center, sales and marketing departments into a cohesive commercial engine by setting and executing commercial direction and action plans that support strategy.
In alignment with CEO’s direction, company strategy and executive team collaboration, the CCO will create a results-focused, responsive commercial organization supported with analytics, KPIs, technology tools and appropriate incentive systems to drive success and a constant hunger to exceed goals. Success will depend on CCO’s ability to acquire new customers, increase repeat business rates, motivate team performance and open up diverse channels to deliver incremental customer and revenue growth by creating and executing a robust, profitable digital-first strategy.
- BA or equivalent degree, MBA preferred
- 10-15 years’ experience in commercial leadership roles, including leading digital marketing and/or sales functions for medium- to large-sized businesses
- 5+ years’ travel industry experience, preferably in cruise, vacation, luxury or tour segments
- Combination of strong execution, business development, sales and marketing skills, while still able to roll up your sleeves and direct the team in execution and measurement of processes and programs
- Understand of the dynamics of travel distribution, including sales, product/services, incremental revenue streams, relative costs of distribution across various channels and channel interdependencies
- Customer acquisition background, including experience in a performance-based environment based on goals, KPIs and team development
- Ability to conceptualize and bring to life commercial plans and digital strategies while motivating the teams to master the known, effectively action the necessary, and experiment with the new
- Leadership in analytics and reporting in support of commercial activity
- Up to date knowledge of digital tools, platforms and best practices for commercial development, and familiarity with digital trends in marketing, sales management and customer service
- Experience transforming traditional brands into digitally-enabled businesses that can operate
seamlessly across traditional and online models
- Experience in an executive leadership team role, with the professional maturity and presence to be an effective contributor and advisor on the company leadership team and to represent the company