Brand Manager Beverages – Adult (Spirits, Beer & Wine)
The Brand Manager will lead the strategic direction of one of ABV’s breweries, including its marketing plan, product portfolio strategy, and innovation strategy. He/she will partner with the sales, operations and taproom teams to deliver revenue and EBITDA targets for the brewery and its brands through effective tactical marketing and communications plans.
Reports to: Director of Brand Management
• Development of a strategic marketing calendar that drives revenue for key brewery brands.
• Make recommendations for a tactical marketing and media plans that supports the marketing calendar to maximize revenue and ROI over the course of the year.
• Create and maintain a portfolio strategy for the brewery that guides the role of various brewery brands, innovation and SKU rationalization efforts.
• Leads cross-functional teams that focus on product development process, including commercializing new initiatives. Teams include operations, brewing, sales, taproom marketing, and marketing shared services (e.g., creative).
• Partner with internal creative and external agencies to develop unique and differentiating ways to bring marketing strategy to life through development of marketing assets across channels.
• Track and analyze plan effectiveness to determine ROI and effectiveness and make any necessary recommendations for follow up action plan.
• Work with Sales Team to ensure marketing calendar programs have proper support to sell-in and to execute with Distributor and Retail partners.
• Leverage Taproom Marketing team to generate positive brand experiences and trial for key brands across company’s network of taprooms.
• Develop and foster strong working relationships across the organization to communicate marketing strategies and deliverables. Work closely with key internal teams, including but not limited to, Operations, Retail/Taprooms, Brewing, and Sales.
• Manage, develop, and grow direct reports -- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM).
• Perform other business-related duties as assigned.
• A “Strategic Doer” – Translates strategy into actions while balancing strong strategic thinking with the energy, drive, and ability to roll up the sleeves to get projects done at a high level.
• Strategic Agility – Uses broad perspective, future orientation and knowledge to anticipate future opportunities to stay on the curve of “what’s next”. Turns these insights into breakthrough strategies and plans.
• Results Orientation – Displays drive and initiative and focused on delivering the desired outcomes, but getting there through teamwork, collaboration, and aligning to ABV values.
• Critical Thinker – Ability to leverage various data sets, making connections that create insightful strategies and actions, leading to impact in the marketplace.
• People Agility – Uses a high interpersonal effectiveness and effective written and verbal communication, along with a consistent and positive energy, to gain trust and support across the team.
• Agile Learning – A curious learner who quickly assesses complex problems, seeing the big picture and adapting past experiences to new situations, to create opportunities and overcome challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred
• 5 plus years of experience in brand or retail marketing
• Experience with marketing communications in both digital and traditional marketing
• Familiar with digital/social marketing tools (e.g., CRM platforms)
• Some travel required.
• Beer/Adult Beverage experience is not a requirement