VP of Marketing Food Processing & Manufacturing
Vice President of Marketing is responsible for building the brand’s equity and achieving the brand’s business objectives (sales, share, profit). As the marketing leader for the brand, this individual will play a crucial role of defining and managing the brand’s strategic growth plans. A successful candidate must be able to think strategically and lead his/her team, but also be willing to dive into details to ensure flawless execution.
- Influencing others
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
- Strategic Thinking
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Results Orientation
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver annual operating objectives including sales, share, profit and brand equity goals.
- Lead the Marketing Committee to ensure senior management alignment across functions. Be the consumer advocate in all strategic discussion.
- Lead the brand identity work to develop the brand’s equity, objectives, communication strategy and architecture work. Develop pricing and trade promotional strategies to support.
- Develop the annual marketing plan, including communication plans, recommended tactics, budgets, and resource planning. Track progress vs. expectations and make adjustments as needed to deliver the goals.
- Lead and build alignment to a social media strategy. Develop the organization’s capabilities to manage, and oversee execution.
- Collaborate with VP of Branded Sales to deliver sales targets, understand customer needs, monitor competitive activity, develop launch plans and develop promotional tactics which deliver the brand’s strategies and goals.
- Partner with the Category Management and Trade Marketing teams to ensure all elements of the annual plan are focused on the achievement of brand goals.
- Work with Product Development to identify new opportunities which further our brand equity. Develop launch plans and bring new products to market, in-line with brand objectives.
- Develop the organization and pipeline of future leaders. Provide marketing expertise to the Company. Invest in coaching and mentoring others to assume broader leadership roles within the company.
- Four year college degree in Business, Marketing or like discipline required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum eight years of Consumer Packaged Goods Marketing experience with track record of advancement.
- Proven leadership capabilities with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with core marketing systems including brand identity, brand architecture, shopper marketing, consumer research, pricing strategies, alternative marketing models, and social/mobile marketing.
- Strong emphasis on packaging skill set and P.O.S. communication to the consumer
- Excellent communication skills with ability to make recommendations and support with logical rationale.
- Experience in food, agriculture, or frozen is preferred.