Assistant Design Manager Gift / Decor
The Sr. Designer / Asst. Design Manager will work closely with the Creative Director and Account Design Manager assisting in developing product ranges for key retail accounts (ie. Target, Walmart, etc. An ideal candidate would have printing knowledge of paper greeting products such as greeting cards, wrapping paper, stationery, and gift bags.
Assist in leading the team in all aspects of the design process from concept to final production. Work closely with the Design Manager and Design Team to ensure the look of the product and project timelines are met for each program. Work closely with Sales and Product Development to make sure all products meet the correct specifications for presentation and production.
- Work with the creative team on putting highly creative ranges together for clients.
- Make sure presentation prototypes are completed to a high standard.
- Adhere to design budgets.
- Create art direction for products from initial concepts through to production.
- Must possess a positive and responsible outlook as a senior member of the studio.
- Checks all files are correctly set up for production.
- Ensure that all mock-ups sent out to production match the original mock-up, together with the file for production and the specification sheet.
- Assist in reviewing and approving pre-production samples.
- Maintains an up to date trend review at all times.
- Ensure all deadlines are met with accuracy.
- Must be proficient on the Mac-Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Must be a highly creative individual who is able to produce exceptional design direction and product innovation.
- Must have an outstanding portfolio of design or design directed products.
- Must be a good communicator and be able to develop detailed design briefs.
- Must excel at predicting trends within all industry areas and be able to translate this back into our product areas.
- Must be a highly organized and motivated individual who is able to multitask to make sure customer demands and deadlines are met.
- Must make sure all products have the correct specifications before presenting them to clients.
- Must possess good management/people skills to direct ranges from concept to production.
- Must perform well under pressure.