Product Manager Craft / Art
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the product (stationery, gift, decor, art/craft, etc.) vision, strategy and product roadmap. This is accomplished through the management of the entire product lifecycle from market and consumer needs assessment, competitive analysis, new product launch and product rationalization activities.
The Product Manager is hand’s on, leading a cross-functional team of external partners and internal resources to successfully manage timelines to satisfy all customer deadlines.
- Develop and create marketing plans for new products and line extensions capable of meeting and exceeding category annual sales plan
- Develop specific product vision and strategy to create unique selling proposition for all elements of a product and program including creation of product features, benefits, pricing, and merchandising strategies Champion product development process from inception to ship date while collaborating with designers, lab, legal, manufacturing, purchasing, sourcing, graphics, quality control, consumer testing and sales to establish the product specifications to meet consumer, trade and manufacturing expectations
- Develop product design, packaging and merchandising objectives and work with internal teams to execute the vision
- Create and manage product costing, program ROI’s and expense budget
- Create and manage timelines to ensure milestones and ship dates are met
- Develop compelling presentation materials to support customer specific sales presentations
- Work with sales team to optimize merchandise assortments and analyze product performance Collaborate with communication team to create consumer and retailer marketing campaigns for social media and in-store events
- 5 years of Product Management in a consumer-packaged goods environment, plus a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing is required
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Great communicator and motivated team player with a positive attitude and plenty of flexibility
- Must be creative and have the ability to think out of the box
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Advanced Excel and Power Point