Sales Director Craft / Art
The Dir. of Sales will develop and implement channel presentation strategies for the sales team with new and current products while working to advance brand/product recognition within assigned accounts and prospective accounts. Accounts include:
- Craft & Fine Art channels (ie. Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, etc.)
- Mass (WalMart, Target, etc.)
- Office (Office Depot, Staples, etc.)
- Specialty (OEM Accounts), and
- New Business Development as they are identified.
Position is responsible for all types of resellers within North America (USA & Canada) and South America (this includes development of South American Distributor network which has been recently established).
- Work with Sales Team to define sales priorities and channel focus across all sales channels
- Work with Sales Team to negotiate equitable sales programs with key accounts with the goal of achieving a profitable sales program that is sustainable and provides for growth across all products.
- Develop and implement sales strategies with sales team and assigned key accounts and targeted new accounts to meet or exceed sales forecast.
- Work with Sales Team to sell existing trade products and OEM (private label) capabilities to assigned accounts and targeted new accounts utilizing company’s produced products.
- Develop, review & maintain customer proformas/P&L’s for all key accounts and targeted new customers to insure programs and sales implemented meet or exceed business unit profit goals.
- Insure that consistent levels of service and follow-up are being provided to all company’s customers by identifying, selecting, training, managing and performing an annual performance review of all Sales Team members & sales rep organizations.
- Provide direction and input on programs and products requiring development for key accounts and targeted new accounts by interacting with Marketing, Customer Service and Distribution on key account activities.
- Work with Sales Team to develop monthly & annual product forecasts for each key account based on product acceptance and activities planned.
- Insure inventory availability to meet key account needs and timelines by communicating product forecasts to the forecast planner and the appropriate production personnel.
- Provide a monthly report summarizing all Sales Team activities comparing sales to budget and previous year along with current month key account activities & business development activities planned.
- Develop and implement programs that assist the Sales Team on the placement of company products into multiple categories within a customer’s retail, e-commerce and/or catalogs to maximize sales and exposure.
- Oversee the Sales Team in communicating the listings of all company product placements with key accounts along with a competitive analysis of competing products.
- Hold Sales Meetings to update performance metrics and communicate important company information
- Travel as required within North & South America to support Sales Team members to maintain and grow key account relationships; participate in Key Account presentations with key account & territory sales reps.
- Responsible for overall sales goal achievement of Sales Team while operating within expense budgets
- Participate in the annual sales planning process through the assembly of a channel / customer business plan that provides information and plans by quarter of promotions & product placements for each key account and the overall channel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- 10 years of business, Key Account Sales & Sales Management experience
- Sales Management & Business development experience with proven success across a variety of channels including Office, Art, Craft, and Mass Market
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)