Product Development Manager Social Expression
The Product Development Manager will lead the execution of mass market retailer programs, increase total retailer chain revenue and build business partnerships; providing customers access to the resources and industry knowledge. Work cross-functionally with Sales, Design and Suppliers to develop, present and measure all products/programs that drive sales efficiently and effectively.
Review customer specifications to ensure compliance to customer requirements, determine specific procurement and manufacturing requirements and partner with suppliers to ensure accurate production and successful execution.
- Generates revenue to goal by providing creative input for new product ideas and customized programs.
- Works closely with the sales & marketing teams to define and understand customer needs.
- Identifies emerging technologies and trends.
- Oversees the technical aspects of projects and assists in the development of POP product displays and planograms.
- Controls purchase price variance through negotiations, product design recommendations, manufacturing process discussions and buying quantities that meet inventory objectives.
- Works directly with Asia office and suppliers to develop new products and programs, ensuring products meet cost, quality and innovation requirements.
- Collaborates with Purchasing & Product Planning Manager to ensure pricing and supplier selection is within scope.
- Manages the release and acceptance of product specification and facilitates first piece production s
- Collaborates with Sales and Design to commercialize new product launches and line extensions by assuring the agreed-to-standard cost, gross profit, quality and safety requirements along with on time delivery.
- Assists the Senior Design Manager and Sales Directors with creating customer presentations.
- Manages and coordinates with Sales, Design, and Suppliers, all updates/revisions to product / packaging / labeling specifications while monitoring the financial impact of these changes.
- 8-10 years’ experience in the social expression industry with previous product development experience.
- Prior experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and puts into action creative and forward thinking.
- Must have demonstrated product line planning and art direction experience, knowledge of pre-press, production and printing, as well as graphic arts experience.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Intimate knowledge of software & MAC proficiency to include Adobe Suite & Microsoft Office.
- Experience with developing programs for Walmart would be beneficial.