Production Supervisor Industrial Products
The Production Supervisor will supervise a staff of hourly personnel, leading and managing the day-to-day manufacturing operations for the facility.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plans, organizes and controls a work group to meet production schedules.
Maintains safe working conditions, safe work practices and good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
Improves methods and processes to improve productivity, reduce costs and improve quality.
Trains, develops, instructs, motivates employees to achieve maximum efficiency.
Understands all applicable company policies, standards and procedures and communicates to ensure compliance by all employees in area of responsibility.
Recognizes and disciplines employees according to established procedures.
Understands bottlenecks that limit production and take necessary corrective action.
Insures flow of materials to meet production needs
Ensures proper equipment and tools for workforce to complete tasks.
Other duties as assigned.
- 2 or 4 year degree, preferred
- Initiative and competence to anticipate and respond to issues along with the ability to identify and implement changes as needed
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles a plus
- Excellent communication skills, personal accountability and a strong sense of urgency
- Training and supervisory experience (progression – how quickly promoted)
- Strong ability to communicate to multiple levels and functions
- Can work independently
- Experience in Schematics, Blue Print reading, and AutoCAD introduction
- Strong mentorship
- Has led multi-functional projects
- Has led teams in structured and stressful environment and ever-changing environment
- Strong ownership of outcomes (high responsibility)
- Proactive versus reactive approach
- Leads by example