Creative Director Social Expression
As the Creative Director you will manage the development of stationery / social expression products from concept to launch, including re-adaptation of existing art in all product categories.
Use experience, creative talent and leadership skills to inspire and constantly push the development and quality of work of the internal creative team; you will have 3 (three) direct reports.
Conceptualize and effectively oversee projects, including management of resources, consistently delivering on-time and on budget.
- Manage contact and color balance of product lines including the creative direction and development of all aspects of product.
- Work directly with key account buyers and sales reps/managers to develop private label programs to meet their specific needs and requests.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to determine direction and strategy for maintaining current product lines and developing new ones.
- Research, identify and track design, color and market trends to apply to development of products.
- Work with Marketing to determine feasibility and most cost-effective methods for creating new product without sacrificing quality.
- Develop and manage timelines and schedules to address client presentations, production requirements and sample dates.
- Build professional alliances and increase industry presence to include recruiting new talent to ensure diversity of looks and broad range of styles within product lines.
- Make presentations to Sales, Marketing and Reps and present concepts and direction for private label and custom programs to buyers.
- Utilize sell-in and sell-through information and Sales Managers/Reps feedback to apply to line planning.
- Research and analyze competitor products and related categories to determine strategy for implementation into product lines.
- Establish goals for creative development to ensure business success.
- Attend conventions, conferences, and trade shows to keep current with market trends.
- 8-10 years’ experience in the social expression industry with previous product development experience.
- Prior experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and puts into action creative and forward thinking.
- Must have demonstrated product line planning and art direction experience, knowledge of pre-press, production and printing, as well as graphic arts experience.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Intimate knowledge of software & MAC proficiency to include Adobe Suite & Microsoft Office.
- Experience with developing programs for Walmart would be beneficial.