Senior Regional Director, NYC/Boston Travel / Tourism
We seek an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial person to join our team. This job will be based in New York, NY and the candidate will manage the
New York City and Boston markets with the potential for other assigned territories or strategic accounts. As a Senior Regional Director, you will be expected to learn/thoroughly understand our company’s unique value proposition and overall position in the activity reseller space. You are the expert on the business and expansion objectives for your territory. You will create and implement product development strategies that support our business goals with thoughtful analysis, strategic prioritization, and outstanding execution.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Source inventory of attractions and negotiate agreements that support our business growth goals.
• Build, present, and seal multi-faceted strategic deals with top accounts.
• Close exclusive contracts and negotiate the best possible offers for our customers.
• Learn and understand the pricing strategy for your attraction passes. Help forecast and manage complex pricing models.
• Meet strict product deadlines by developing a personal roadmap to meet deliverables and overcome obstacles.
• Build and oversee budgets for territory needs.
• Interact with a cross-functional team of developers, analysts, marketers, designers, and sales managers in support of delivering high-revenue generating products. Guide these teams in developing an overall strategy that meets our short and long-term goals.
• Work closely with the operations support team to ensure all partners are 100% supported – be available in your market(s) to ensure that all clients receive the highest standard of service.
• Monitor consumer and client research to ensure we are solving problems and exceeding expectations.
• Forge relationships with key strategic partners such as attractions, convention and visitor bureaus, and travel trade organizations to support your market(s).
• Attend networking and social events, trade shows, and occasional sales missions to represent the company and strengthen local relationships, sometimes outside of business hours.
• Open new business, and increase production on local sales accounts throughout the region. This includes closing the deals, training the new locations, and incentivizing staff to grow sales on a monthly basis. Develop incentive programs to motivate third party resellers.
• Assist in editing marketing collateral and websites from the product perspective. The Senior Regional Director is ultimately responsible for making sure the content is consistent with the contracts in the region and will lead the charge in making sure all products are top quality.
• You are a proven leader with a passion for success and proven expertise in business development and
• You have experience in the travel and tourism industry, preferably with contacts in key positions in New York City and/or Boston.
• You have a thorough understanding of the attractions market and/or the New York City regional tourism community.
• You understand complex business models and pricing scenarios and thrive on data analysis.
• You are a highly self-motivated, detailed, and results-oriented individual. You are organized, able to manage your own schedule, and work independently.
• You are just as productive in a home office environment as you are in a standard office environment and you are willing to work in both.
• You are able to solve a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity.
• You define yourself as an independent hands-on resource, willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
• You are respected as a team player and you are able to professionally interface with cross-functional teams.
• You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers.
• You adapt quickly to a changing environment.
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in the travel industry or similar sales role.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and are capable of learning other similar tools. Familiarity with Salesforce, AdobeSign, or Tableau is also helpful.