Product Marketing Manager Craft / Art
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for delivering product category top line sales and gross margin. He/she will manage assigned product lines, including our Printmaking lines which together form our largest overall product category at Speedball. The PMM will be the marketplace expert to ensure to build consumer demand, market share, sales and profitability. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing plans and working cross-functionally to manage existing portfolio and commercialize new products. The Product Marketing Manager will support the Senior Product Marketing Manager with pricing, promotional and forecasting recommendations.
- Evaluate and analyze category performance and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Lead and analyze consumer research, benchmark competitors, analyze competitive sets, and conduct market analysis.
- Develop marketing strategies in alignment with category and brand objectives. Including, but not limited to packaging development, in-store signage, sponsorships/artist partnerships, online assets, and other marketing collateral.
- Support agency relationships and work in tandem with Brand and Trade Marketing to execute marketing plans.
- Serve as leader of cross functional product development team and product line contact to trade marketing, sales, and other internal teams.
- Manage product category in the form of inventory, product/packaging changes, quality control, discontinuations, etc.
- Lead category innovation plans - manage pipeline and lead new product projects through stage gate process working directly with R&D team.
- Work closely with Trade Marketing and Sales team to develop key account marketing plans – including promotional and co-op programs
- Support, plan, and administrate assigned events – including trade shows, customer meetings, demonstrations, etc
- Collaborate with production supervisors and internal team on best-in-class manufacturing along with development of product efficiencies and improvements.
- Four-year college degree; MBA preferred
- 4+ years of marketing and/or packaged goods product management work experience. Arts & crafts industry experience a plus.
- Experience developing and executing marketing programming rooted in consumer and marketplace needs. Execution of social media programming a plus.
- Financial acumen: P&L understanding, marketing budget management, pricing analysis and implementation.
- Strong project management skills. Must be able to manage budget and timelines across a wide range of projects. Experience managing new product development a plus.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Demonstrated abilities of resourcefulness, flexibility, thinking with good judgment, initiative, teamwork and a strong work ethic are required.
- Demonstrated passion for assigned categories and the company.
- Interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and work with a range of stakeholders. Must be equally comfortable working with artists, sales representatives, members of our production team, agency partners and executive leadership.
- Team player. This person will engender trust and build camaraderie within their sphere of influence.
Willing and able to travel 10-15% of the time, including potential for international travel.