Technical Product Designer (innovation focus) Party Products
This is a highly creative, hands-on creative position for an innovative thinker/designer to bring new and exciting product format ideas to our company. The ideal candidate has both a “2-D” and “3-D” Brain- and can conceptualize and bring to life new ideas to work within/alongside our current product lines (stationery, paper crafting, gift-wrap, partyware, tableware, etc.).
Excellent knowledge in the latest versions of both Photoshop and Illustrator is required. And while not required, knowledge of a 3-D Graphic Program is preferred.
- Create product and/or concept sketch, 3-D sample, mock-up, etc. for new product formats & any additional artwork or style guides needed for coordinating decorations, products and packaging.
- Create trend boards and other presentation materials reflecting product/behavioral trends through immersion in the following areas: DIY/social media; competition at retail and wholesale, shopping the market, trend sources, trade shows, vendor submissions, and feedback from product teams.
- Assist in preparation of presentations to both internal and external teams.
- Keep track of all projects and assignments independently. Extremely organized (file setup, layout, saving, etc).
- Develop fresh, innovative, creative approaches to products that will enhance and give balance to product lines. Explore new product solutions to help the look of the product continue to evolve.
- Create final, production-ready artwork files from rough sketches and/or verbal direction.
- Execute initial design concepts all the way through to final production stage within allotted timelines that are based both on creative and business objectives. Bring these concepts “to life” for presentations (including but not limited to Trend Boards, Design Comps, Mock-ups etc…) and then all the way through to production.
- Participate in market research thru print, web, competitive shopping, & market assessment.
- Take ownership of all projects and demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of all assignments.
- Create mockups when needed for presentations and to ensure accuracy of mechanical file.
- Strong design, illustration skills & aesthetic. Highly Creative!
- Proficient in the technical setup & preparation of artwork files for production.
- Advanced Mac computer skills in Illustrator and Photoshop.