Product Design Manager Party Products
This is a highly creative, hands-on position for an amazing Design Manager to work with the Creative Director to develop new, trend-right tableware and product designs to the market. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing consumer products that have been successful at retail.
The Design Manager is directly responsible for:
- Researching, creating and designing fresh, innovative product designs while forming a background of product familiarity in subject matter, product function or usage, consumer price/value consideration, “total package” concept awareness and sales information.
- All of the tableware design, as well as the Art Direction and creation of any artwork needed for any of the coordinating decorations, products and packaging.
- All of the Trend Research for all departments including, but not limited to party trends, surface design and pattern trends, product ideas and development, innovation design and packaging, marketing, web etc.
- Managing the Design Team that assists in the above-mentioned design and trend projects.
- Develop fresh, innovative, creative approaches to products that will enhance and give balance to product lines.
- Works directly under the Creative Director to execute initial design concepts to final production stage.
- Create working style-guides under the direction of the Creative Director for product and/or packaging.
- Work with the Pre-press Team to determine color palettes needed for production on point. Identify needs for color in production (CMYK vs. Spot etc…) well in advance of art out deadlines.
- Effectively communicate color direction to PD Team, Art Managers & Layout Artists to ensure files are set up accurately prior to passing to pre-press.
- Assist Creative Director & Art Managers with the administrative duties associated with Licensed Programs.
- Proficient in the technical preparation of artwork and awareness of the systems involved.
- Some knowledge of overseas sourcing (products are sourced in China and Domestically.)
- Participate in market research thru print, web, market assessment, trade shows. Competitive shopping, etc.
- Instrumental in the training of new Designers. Work side by side with them to ensure a solid understanding of all the processes of the team.
- Team player with flexibility to work on a variety of projects. Independent and pro-active in problem solving.
- Possess sound communication skills & maintain good working relationships with colleagues in the department as well as individuals in other departments throughout the company.
- Ensure all deadlines are met and constantly strive to exceed productivity within the department.
- Effectively manage and motivate all designers and layout artists.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience that includes management responsibilities
- Advanced Mac computer skills in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience effectively managing programs of 500-1000 skus/year