Director Shopper Marketing Household Products
The North American Director, Shopper Marketing is responsible for leading the overall vision-setting and strategic roadmap for shopper marketing across laundry, home care and beauty brands. The Director leads a team and agency partners to elevated ideas and superior execution. This position reports to the Vice President, Omnichannel Marketing and has 6 direct reports. The Omnichannel Marketing group consists of Media, Digital Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Merchandising, National Promotions and the consumer call center. The overarching goal is to create consistent, effective and efficient plans from broadcast media to in-store communication. As such, forming productive relationships and effective collaboration with these functions as well as brand and sales team will be key to success The Director, Shopper Marketing is responsible for the development & management of Strategic Shopper Marketing platforms and initiatives including Scale Partnerships as well as trade marketing materials. This role requires a person with a high-level of strategic thinking, strong attention to detail, people management skills, a keen sense of creativity, and a high degree of comfort working in a team environment.
- Represents the Omnichannel group with credentialed marketing and brand management
expertise both within the company and with key retail customers.
- Influences cross functional teams with thought-leadership in the areas of: brand building,
shopper insights, marketing innovation, retailer specific platforms, and best practices.
- Transforms data and information into useful insights, and analyzes problems to identify
timely and effective strategies.
- Stays current with internal business trends and proactively looks ahead to anticipate
business opportunities, barriers and better ways to achieve results.
- Communicates persuasively to win support both cross functionally and with key retail
- Leads the development of breakthrough creative solutions with agency partners.
- Drives executional excellence of integrated marketing campaigns by setting clear direction,
demonstrating relentless focus to details and meeting delivery dates.
- Sets strategy and leads idea development for product innovation launch plans at leading
- Conducts thorough post program analysis to surface campaign business results against
objectives as well as key learnings that inform future strategies.
- Builds productive relationships with internal and external business partners by working
collaboratively, demonstrating openness to and respect for others’ opinions and points of
- Bachelors in Marketing or related filed; MBA preferred.
- Min 10-15 years of CPG brand marketing experience preferred
- Strategic shopper marketing agency experience a plus
- Solid digital marketing experience (digital Shopper Marketing a plus)
- Experience leading teams