Alaska/Canada Trip Development Specialist Travel / Tourism
- Provide top notch customer service to agents and clients requesting custom itineraries.
- Develop a custom itinerary based on clients’ budget, wish list, family or group dynamic and preferred destination.
- Work within our reservations software to create, budget and price the custom itinerary.
- Communicate with agent/client to make any necessary adjustments and customizations to the itinerary until the sale has been finalized.
- Finalize trip sale, invoice and collect client payments.
- Liaise with all necessary suppliers, including hotels, guide services, and transportation providers, to book hotels, guided tours and other high-demand services.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with the Operations Team to deliver a flawless client experience.
- Develop, maintain and foster exceptional relationships with agents, hotels and vendors.
- Research and seek new vendors and experiences as needed.
- Maintain and update content in database vendor files as needed, including tour descriptions, products, costs, and payment instructions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in detailed, high-end trip development and sales for individuals and/or groups. In depth personal knowledge and travel experience in the major U.S. National Parks and an in depth personal knowledge and travel experience in Alaska, Western Canada and the Yellowstone Region is mandatory. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. Reservation database software experience also preferred.