Region Sales Manager Food Processing & Manufacturing
The Northeast Region Sales Manager will ideally be based in a home office anywhere in the greater NJ area, North, Central or South. This role is responsible for calling on Regional grocery chain HQ; as well as managing a team of 10 merchandisers throughout the Northeast and New England. There may be some flexibility on the home office location for this role outside of the stated locations.
The Northeast Region Sales Manager will create his or her own schedule as they call on regional grocery chain buyers to promote our client’s very well-known brand. The Northeast Regional Key Account Manager will simultaneously oversee, train and motivate a team of 10 part-time Sales Representatives. This activity will typically encompass one to 1.5 days per week. The balance of the week will be spent researching opportunities for our client’s brands as well as making appointments with key decision makers at targeted grocery chain HQ locations. The Northeast Region Sales Manager also coordinates with Category Managers and Marketing teams at our client’s HQ near Parsippany, NJ one day a week to customize presentations for prospective chain buyers.
This highly visible and important developmental role reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and will have a significant impact on the overall business by successfully leading retail execution and growing sales for their best-in-category brands.
In addition to developing your own accounts, you will often have the opportunity to accompany the VP of Sales on calls to major accounts such as Wal-Mart and Kroger, etc. The individual in this role will be groomed for a Sales Director level position within three years or less; hence the interaction with the VP Sales.
- Make regional key account calls to maximize retail effectiveness and develop productive relationships.
- Sell in new items and promotions at headquarter level.
- Manage sales and expense budgets.
- Tour markets to analyze conditions and provide direction for retail execution improvements.
- Source, hire, train and develop team of 20 new and existing retail sales representatives.
- Teach effective merchandising and store level selling skills to employees.
- 5 years or more of demonstrated history of sales success and outside sales management experience within a leading food, beverage or snack company.
- Experience in managing a team of retail sales reps and /or DSD route salespeople is highly desired but not mandatory.
- Strong computer skills. Basic familiarity with handheld computer systems utilized in the field is a plus but not mandatory.
- Ability to travel by car up to 40% (2 to 3 days a week)
- Acceptable driving record.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on initiative taker.
- Organized and detail-oriented leader who can motivate and inspire sales team.
- Personable and collaborative with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus but not mandatory.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary range $90K to $110K plus a highly achievable 25% annual bonus target with NO CAP (some team members have earned up to 70%), a $600 car allowance plus mileage, 3 weeks paid vacation, a generous 12% matching 401K and $6500 annual HSA, medical, dental and more!