Director of Sourcing Craft / Art
The Sourcing Director will have a hands-on, lead role in managing projects and purchasing products and materials primarily related to the craft and creative industries and will take a leading role in coordinating and directing the activities of outside vendors. This position requires an understanding of crafts and kits from design to delivery. It requires strong interpersonal skills to handle the constant interactions with coordinators, customers, and Vendors; these skills are vital in negotiations.
- Lead & direct activities of outside vendors with hands-on procurement and negotiations.
- Qualify Vendors and Monitor Vendor Performance
- Support Internal/External Customers
- Support upper management with analysis/info
- Develop/review processes
- College degree and min. five years hands-on experience in overseas sourcing experience; this includes working with vendors.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to move multiple projects forward at the same time working closely with co-workers.
- Must have experience in the stationery, craft, scrapbooking and related industries
- A proven track record for effectively managing the entire product development process (from concept to reorder)
- Ability to prioritize projects and daily activities based on commercially-driven factors
- Maintain detailed and accurate daily communication with clients
- Must be able to travel extensively