Product Manager, Ireland Travel / Tourism
The Product Manager is responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of all tour elements and components that are involved in the creation of each tour series operating in Ireland. The Product Manager is charged with all matters pertaining to the product enhancements and tour feedback from guests and internal staff for tours to Ireland. The position has a thorough understanding of the company's product standards and ensures tours are compliant. Reporting to the VP of Product, the Product Manager is expected to work with direction from Marketing and Product to meet specific brand goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the research, design, development, maintenance, enhancement, organization, communication and budgeting/costing of changes to current product and new product opportunities in Ireland. This includes incorporation of the enhancement process in all itinerary revisions and then reporting changes for the broader audience
- Maintain and enhance all assigned products in Ireland with respect to cost-of-sale management, quality control, customer service, new/unique opportunities exclusive to the company.
- Oversee and facilitate the general maintenance of each assigned tour in Ireland including, but not limited to, frequent correspondence and follow-up with hotels, suppliers and driver/guides, and crisis management
- Negotiate assigned supplier components for assigned tours in Ireland and facilitate the administration of supplier rates in Softrip, in strict accordance with required deadlines
- Manage creation, maintenance and execution of budgets for each of the assigned tours in Ireland. This includes creating and regularly requesting Finance to update tour budgets in Softrip with accurate costs. Monitor budget variance reports regularly and address tour cost variances to plan so that they may be recovered from our partners and project variance accurately
- Responsible to meet/exceed Cost of Sale and Margin goal for hotels, coaches, meals and activities
- Ensure that the best value for guests by identifying alternatives opportunities and creating bids for suppliers
- With speed and accuracy, ensure delivery of appropriate information to all internal constituents to sell the product, including pre/post hotel contracting, and marketing edits, guest requirements, training materials and payable terms. This includes responding to all internal inquiries within 24 hours. These groups include Reservations, Sales, Marketing, Creative, Driver/Guide, Guest Relations and Finance
- Oversee and facilitate assigned supplier contracts and reservation requirements, system updates, production, review, distribution and supplier fulfillment for all assigned products/ region including, but not limited to, initial requests and any subsequent changes
- Collaborate with Yield Management to procure or release inventory in regards to operational deviations
- Work with Operation Services and Driver Guide Ops teams to maintain awareness and understanding of
Driver/Guide functionality, assignments, budgeting and overall operational needs
- Maintain superior supplier relations through negotiations, routine activities, supplier visitations and
- Oversee and facilitate the research and fulfillment of special tour requests such as dietary restrictions,
handicapped rooms, wheelchair assistance, individual transfers, joining and general itinerary
information, and advance pre/post tour hotel reservations for pre-formed groups when indicated by the
- Maintain a thorough awareness of current and potential suppliers for assigned tours in Ireland, and
general awareness of all suppliers, including site visitations and attendance at industry functions and
trade shows as necessary and appropriate
- Maintain thorough awareness of company competitors and their product offerings, including where
necessary, competitive analysis
- Participation in sales programs including but not limited to, product presentations/training to Sales and
Marketing staff, Reservations staff, management, and consumer and travel agent groups as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline and/or equivalent related applicable experience
- 7 – 10 years of Product planning experience for scheduled tours in Ireland selling to US customers.
- Deep knowledge of US Customer travel likes/dislikes.
- Deep knowledge of B2C and B2B channels.
- Proven successful managerial experience in the tour operation with a small to mid-size tour operator specializing in European travel with heavy concentration in Ireland
- Customer focused with ability to respond to questions and issues in a timely manner
- Ability to travel 70-90 days per year with flexibility to adapt to schedule changes, if necessary.
- Demonstrated competencies in PC literacy in a Windows based environment possessing a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and SharePoint.
- Adherence to deadlines with ability to create work schedules and manage teams through them
- Budgeting and ability to keep costs on target throughout projects
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
- Provide creative solutions that translate concepts and product information into compelling and effective selling materials
- Experience collecting and incorporating feedback from various stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable attitude with high standards of customer service both internal and external
- Working knowledge of SOFTRIP operating platform preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills